About the District
The Silver Creek School District consists of a Primary School (K-1), Elementary School (2-5), Middle School (6-8), and High School (9-12).
The entire staff in SCSC provides an instructional program based on a rigorous curriculum, our administrators and teachers have worked together to create a curriculum that is aligned with the state and national standards for implementation in each Silver Creek School classroom.
Silver Creek teachers are working together with their Professional Learning Community to engage students daily with research-based instructional strategies. Teachers maintain active student engagement by:
- Setting the Stage
- Explaining to Students what to do
- Modeling for Students what to do
- Guided Practice
- Independent Practice
- Closure and Assessment
Our Professional Learning Community supports and helps teachers to check for understanding. The process is ongoing and it is based on shared responsibility for student success.
DISTRICT CORE VALUES
At Silver Creek School Corporation, we believe in our Core Values:
- RESPECT: SCSC stakeholders will value and treat ALL individuals, with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: SCSC stakeholders are committed to providing an exemplary education where all students excel academically, socially, and emotionally.
- INTEGRITY: SCSC stakeholders will uphold honesty and demonstrate high moral principles through their actions.